Vocational training in forestry is characterized by a vast amount of challenges. These are due to many factors, starting from the multitude of topics associated to forestry, ranging from the regional specifications, the outdoor based training, the economic and ecological impact, the rapid evolution in forestry techniques and science, to the increasing need for wood as a renewable resource.
Through transnational cooperation, forestry schools, teachers and students try to keep themselves up-to-date, learn from each other and put their resources in common in order to improve their quality of training.
Thus this project defines several aims to meet these expectations:
- Comparison of forestry and forestry training in different countries
- Knowledge transfer between partners
- Sharing and creation of educational material (video-tutorials, dictionaries…)
- Elaboration of ECVET units
The project involves 6 partners:
- LFS St. Andrä (Austria)
- EUROPEA Finland (Finland)
- EPLEFPA 76 Lycée du Bois (France)
- Lycée Technique Agricole (Luxembourg)
- EUROPEA Romania (Romania)
- Munkagårdsgymnasiet (Sweden)
The works on our glossary are not yet finished, but it’s already usable, just click this link
SILVAforum Video-Tutorial about oak bark harvesting. Part 1: Stripping the bark