DEBARK OF CORK OAKS
The Rural Training Centre of Moraleja – Cáceres within its continuous training program organizes, among many other, debarking of cork oaks courses.
In the North of Extremadura the cork oaks abound, for debarking cork oaks specialized labour is needed.
The objectives of these training activities are:
– To know the main safety standards in debarking.
– To know the biology of cork oaks.
– To identify the special tools used for debarking as well as its correct handling.
– To carry out the debarking operations under the supervision of monitors.
– To know the different types of cork according to their qualities and destinations.
Mr. Jose Luís López García
Headmaster of CFMR de Moraleja – Cáceres