Green Academy Denmark together with other EUROPEA’s members such as Yuverta Netherlands and Malvesia Spain, are involved in a new ERASMUS+ Follow Up project- BARCOVE. Read more about the project below.
BARCOVE aims to develop an innovative and standard-setting model for school-company cooperation in vocational education and training. It focuses on applied research as a lever for scientific, technical innovation within urban space and water management.
BARCOVE is closely related to the companies’ need for innovative technical solutions, competent workers and to the need of the Vocational Education schools to attract highly motivated students.
The four research fields in BARCOVE
- Permeable pavement
- Soil and Plant Properties in Technical Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Rainwater systems
- Green roofs
What BARCOVE offers
- 2-day international Hackathon for 40 VET students and up to 20 start-ups from 5 countries
- Implementation of the best ideas generated in the hackathon, in a real-life setting of company-school cooperation
- A reference framework for applied research in VET
- Two training modules on applied research in VET directed towards companies and VET schools, respectively.
- A catalogue of interesting practices regarding the implementation of applied research in VET
- A catalogue of interesting practices regarding the implementation of company-school cooperation in VET
“BARCOVE is the most practical new project for combining water management with urban greening. This is another large step forward in the green transition and will result in sustainable global solutions for climate adaptation.” Kristoffer Sindby, Head of Climate Department, OKNygaard, Denmark
- To provide a structured mapping and analyzing of existing models and experiences regarding (1) implementation of company-school cooperation, and (2) implementation of applied research in VET that may provide VET schools, companies and policy makers with an overview of interesting practices concerning implementation of applied research into VET.
(Thanks to Karolina:-))