SILVATICA Dec 08th 2016
The project name is changed as its used by company Silvaforum (2021).
Vocational training in forestry is characterized by a vast amount of challenges. These are due to many factors, starting from the multitude of topics associated to forestry, ranging from the regional specifications, the outdoor-based training, the economic and ecological impact, the rapid evolution in forestry techniques and science, to the increasing need for wood as a renewable resource.
Through transnational cooperation, forestry schools, teachers and students try to keep themselves up-to-date, learn from each other and put their resources in common in order to improve their quality of training.
Thus this project defines several aims to meet these expectations:
- Comparison of forestry and forestry training in different countries
- Knowledge transfer between partners
- Sharing and creation of educational material (video-tutorials, dictionaries…)
- Elaboration of ECVET units
The project involves 6 partners:
- LFS St. Andrä (Austria)
- EUROPEA Finland (Finland)
- EPLEFPA 76 Lycée du Bois (France)
- Lycée Technique Agricole (Luxembourg)
- EUROPEA Romania (Romania)
- Munkagårdsgymnasiet (Sweden)
The works on our glossary are not yet finished, but it’s already usable, just click this link
SILVATICA Video-Tutorial about oak bark harvesting. Part 1: Stripping the bark
SILVATICA Video: The technological process of clapboard, part 1.
SILVATICA Video: The technological process of clapboard, part 2.
SILVATICA video: Grafting