Some data for starting:
- Area: 505.990 km2
- Population: 46.934.632; foreigners 4.848.516
- Density: 92/km2
- Religions: 68% Catholicism; 27,2% No religion; 3,1% Others
- Politic system: Parliamentarian constitutional monarchy
- GDP (PPP): 1.864 Trillion of US Dollars; 40.290 USD Per capita.
- Currency: Euro €
- Territorial division and politic decentralization: Spain is divided into 17 Autonomous Regions, each of them has its own parliament and government, they have assumed politic competencies of important issues like Education, Health System, Territorial development, etc.
Fig. 1. Source https://www.slideshare.net/mariayebenes/comunidades-autnomas-46906742/3?smtNoRedir=1
The Green Sector in Spain
Because of the climate differences between different region, mainly between those placed on the north, more humid and colder, and those placed on the south much drier and hotter, the green sector is quite different too. For instance, in regions like Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria and Basque Country the dairy sector, fishing and forest are most important ones, while in central part of the peninsula, a large meseta with and average altitude of 700 metres, the mind productions of the primary sector are cereals, wine and sheep. In the South, mainly in Andalusia, the most important production is the olive oil, while in the regions placed at the East along the Mediterranean coast the horticulture, fruit, oranges, lemons, and wine stand out. Other areas with specific production are Canary Island, where bananas are the star product, La Rioja and Catalonia, which produce wine of high quality, and Extremadura together with the West of Andalusia are main producers of Iberian pigs, horses and cattle.
The Green VET in Spain
There are two levels of VET in Spain:
- Technician. Students get access after completing secondary education. From 16 to 18; EQF: 3-4. Two years; 2000 hours; Compulsory internship 400 hours at a real company at the end, in the last term of the 2nd year after completing and pass all modules.
- Superior Technician. Students get access after completing bachelor or get a Technician diploma. From 18 to … ; EQF: 5. Two years; 2000 hours; Compulsory internship 400 hours at a real company at the end, in the last term of the 2nd year after completing and pass all modules.
Diplomas for the Green VET:
- Technician in Equestrian Activities
- Technician in Exploitation and Conservation of the Natural Environment
- Technician in Gardening and Floristry
- Technician in Organic Farming
- Technician in Agricultural Production
- Superior Technicians:
- Superior Technician in Animal Husbandry and Assistant in Animal Health
- Superior Technician in Forest and Natural Environment Management
- Superior Technician in Landscape and Rural Areas
- Superior Technician in Environmental Education and Control