DISCOVER YOUR TALENT!!!
This first European Vocational Skills Week will take place from 5 to 9 December 2016 with events in Brussels and parallel activities in Member States, EFTA (European Free Trade Association) and EU candidate countries at national, regional and local levels.
What is it about?
This is to improve the attractiveness and image of vocational education and training, showcase excellence and quality and raise awareness of the wide range of opportunities.
Because it is believed that…
- Every single person is talented. Some talents may be obvious, some still hidden.
- Vocational education and training is a smart choice, is fun, and leads to excellence in education, high-quality jobs and increased employability.
- There are great vocational training opportunities that successfully prepare you for interesting and challenging careers, as well as active engagement in society.
- Vocational education and training is a desirable option for people of all ages, and prepares people for jobs the world over.
- Quality training develops the creative and innovative potential of learners.
- Up skilling and re-skilling throughout life is key to improved job opportunities and better integration in society.
- Lifelong learning enhances social inclusion, diversity, and active citizenship.
How will the initiative unfold?
A series of events/activities will take place in Brussels (press conference, conference, workshops, closing event with award-giving) and across Europe. They will be underpinned by a sustained communication campaign.
Who will be involved?
All stakeholders: learners, parents, companies, business organisations, social partners, education and training providers, adult learning organisations, researchers, career counsellors, public authorities, and society at large is invited to get involved.
For more information,