EUROPEA is an association working for the development of vocational education and training (VET) in the green sector of Europe. This sector covers a wide field of professions within agriculture, horticulture, forestry etc.
At present, EUROPEA organizes 25 national EUROPEA networks, which represent more than 1.000 vocational schools and institutions all over Europe.
- A network of European colleagues committed to international cooperation and sharing of knowledge
- An effective framework for international cooperation in projects funded by the EU and other agencies
- Advocacy vis-à-vis the EU institutions
In benefit of the national members, EUROPEA stage the following activities on a regular basis:
- 2 bi-annual meetings for the membership. The programme may include knowledge exchange on vital developments in the green sector, didactical and pedagogical issues. Often, interesting and challenging excursions may be found in the programme, too.
- Professional competitions for green VET students in disciplines such as Forestry, Wine growing and tasting, Agriculture, Landscaping, Agro-Mechanics and Floristry etc.
National and individual members of EUROPEA communicate via an intranet provided by TeamEngine Workspace.
The legal framework
Established in 1992, EUROPEA activities are based in a set of legally approved Statutes and some Internal Regulations. The governing body is the annual General Assembly attended by a National Coordinator from each member country. EUROPEA is headed by a 6-month Presidency that follows the rotation schedule of the European Council.
An Executive Committee headed by a Secretary General manages day-to-day operations of the association. An Editorial Group is responsible for website and social media.